We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information, and determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to our site, and to administer and improve the site.
Once you close your browser, our access to the cookie terminates. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose not to accept the cookie, this will not affect your access to the majority of information available on our website. However, you will not be able to make full use of our online services.
The Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) (this link will open a new window) provides in depth information about cookies.
Monitoring of e-mail
We may monitor e-mail communications with Auspicium (this includes any Auspicium member of staff). Any such monitoring will take place in accordance with the law.
We use log files generated by our web servers to analyse site usage and statistics but the files do not identify any personal information. Log file analysis helps us to understand usage patterns on our website and to make improvements to our service.
We do not disclose any information you provide via the site to any third except where:
2. Required by applicable laws, courts orders, or government regulations (for example to prevent or detect crime).
3. You give us permission to do so by opting in to such disclosure
Access to and correction of personal information
We will take all reasonable steps in accordance with our legal obligations to update or correct personally identifiable information in our possession that you submit via this site.
You have a right to ask to see details of any personal information that we hold about you. If you wish to do so please contact us in writing at Auspicium Limited, 1st Floor, Watton House, Watton Business Park, Watton Road, Ware, Hertfordshire. SG12 0AE
We take all reasonable steps to protect any information you submit via our website, both online and offline, in accordance with legislation such as the Data Protection Act 1998.
We take all appropriate steps to protect your personally identifiable information as you transmit your information from your computer to our site and to protect such information for loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction
Where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this site, you also have a responsibility to take reasonable steps to safeguard them.
Links to other websites
Auspicium Services for customers with visual and hearing impairments and or mobility challenges
Services for customers with visual impairments:
- large print manuals,
- Braille manuals could be organized with plenty of notice,
- a correspondence service that allows us to send letters large print,
- a range of audio material and large print manuals are also available with a months notice
Services for customers with hearing impairments:
- hearing induction loop systems are provided in some of our training venues, to help customers with hearing impairments. Please check with our office for further information
Access to offices and training venue:-
- Our training venues all have access lifts and ramps and disabled parking
- Our Head Office has a service lift and easy access parking
- All staff are available to assist with a clients needing help to access our training venue and office